3 Nail polish manufacturers that got it right with Halaal, water permeable nail polish
For a very long time, the only nail polish that was available on the markets is lacquer – based. These meant that a great deal of people was excluded from using nail polish such as Muslims and vegans. This included people that were extremely conscious of not using harmful chemicals. With these diverse groups in mind we decided to start a hunt for nail polishes that ticked the following boxes:
- Water permeable
- Water based
- Ability to use while making Wudhu (ablution)
- Contains no harmful chemicals
- Available in stunning colors and pigmentation
We found some manufacturers claimed that their products are water permeable but were unable to pass that test. However, we found products across the globe that stood the test of producing nail polish that promises to satisfy every requirement (well, at least most of them) we listed above.
1. Nail Polish manufactured by Kester Black
Kester Black produces 10-Free™ nail polish manufactured in Australia. This means that 10 harmful chemicals have been removed. The 10 chemicals that are omitted are:
- Formaldehyde resin
- This includes animal derived or tested ingredients.
Kester Black never used the harmful ingredients called Ethyl Tosylamide, Triphenyl phosphate and Xylene.
The best way to maximize this nail polish for longer wear:
- Gently wipe down each nail with nail polish remover. This eliminates any oily residue before applying any nail polish.
- Gently glide the brush over the nail plate. Begin from the base of the nail to the tip.
- Once the coat is dry apply a 2nd coat for a better look and longer wear.
- Seal with Kester Black’s Top Coat.
Our top picks from this brand are:
- Sugarplum Nail Polish
- Impeachment Nail Polish
- Original Detox Nail Polish
- Acid Nail Polish
Sugarplum, Impeachment, Original Detox, Acid Nail Polish
Get other fab water permeable nail polish by Kester Black here;
Kester Black made it to the top of our list because they produce a vast range in colors and shades that is in line with the latest trends.
2. Tuesday in love
This manufacturer makes use of polymer that permits water molecules to penetrate through many micropores. There are currently 2 formulas;
- Peelable formula
- Non peelable formula
The peelable formula is easy to remove without making use of any nail polish remover. The non- peelable formula requires a nail polish remover. We recommend a non-acetone based nail polish remover with added moisturizer.
What do the 2 formulas have in common?
- They do not contain any harmful ingredients known as Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl phthalate (DBP), as well as camphor.
- None of these products are tested on animals and is Halaal certified. In addition it is 100% Vegan and the products are not fabricated while making use of child labor.
- Although we found the color range a bit limited, we were relieved to see that the colors were still trendy and up to date.
- Applying the nail polish is fairly easy and makes use of the same steps as any lacquer. The best way to prolong wear is to wipe your nail plate clean with nail polish remover. This allows the nail polish to adhere better.
These were the colors that we fell in love with – even though it wasn’t Tuesday.
Emerald Green Envy
Cherry Bomb (NON peelable formula)
Purple Reign (NON peelable formula)
Canadian Winter, Emerald Green Envy, Cherry Bomb, Purple Reign
Tuesday in love is Halaal certified and confirmed to be permissible to use while making Wudhu. However, this nail polish can be used by just about anybody that is looking for stunning nail colors yet ensuring that the natural nail plate is kept healthy at all times.
Find other stunning Halaal certified nail polishes by Tuesday in love here;
Last but not at all the least;
3. Maya Cosmetics
Maya Cosmetics produces their various ranges of nail polish according to animal-free and vegan standards. It is breathable and water permeable too. This allows more oxygen to reach the nail surface resulting in healthier nails. The ability for water to reach the nails are a great way to keep nails hydrated and if your concerned about your ablution, this nail polish is Wudhu friendly too.
Features and benefits of this Halaal friendly nail polish;
- It dries relatively fast within a few minutes.
- It lasts longer than water-based breathable nail polish.
- It is has minimal chip resistance.
- It does not contain Toluene, Formaldehyde, Dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and camphor.
We love that Maya Cosmetics caters for different styles and taste. The distinctive colors allow any nail polish addicts to fall in love with these;
Seashell, Black Seed, Lu'Lu' White, Seafoam Green
Check out more here.
Water permeable nail polish is more than a religious craze. It allows diverse cultures to embrace beauty at your fingertips that was not possible for many years until recently. Being able to wear the nail polish to allow your ablution’s validity is an accomplishment showing how the world has evolved.
It also provides comfort to those that are just not willing to place their health at risk, even if nail polish quantities are small. Because you just never know if you’re going to have an allergic reaction or not!
We found that superb quality water permeable nail polish takes extra care not to make use of animal cruelty methods and ingredients.
In addition to the ability to breathe to allow water in, oxygen (our life sustainer) is important to promote healthy nails.
Would you consider wearing water permeable nail polish? Do you believe that it is Wudhu friendly and does indeed not invalidate your ablution? Show us some pics of you rocking your stunning nails in the comments below.