Wearing adhesive tabs for artificial nails could just be what’s best for you
Adhesive tabs for artificial nails achieved a bad rep over the years. That’s because they never really worked as well as what they were supposed to. In addition, it kind of inherited the bad name from fake nails too.
Over the years circumstances have changed and products evolved. Right now, there is a number of adhesive tape that allows your fake nails to remain intact for a while. This breakthrough in the nail industry allows ordinary (and not so ordinary) women to transform their nails with minimal effort, a little time and at a fraction of the cost of a salon styled manicure.
We’ve tried many products over the years and found that only some stuck out that made us happy to be rocking artificial nails that actually lasted up 7 days.
How to apply adhesive tape for artificial nails the correct way:
- Choose the size of adhesive tape that will fit your natural nail the best.
- Making use of a pair of tweezers; remove the adhesive strip from the sheet. You may use your fingers too, but try not to touch the sticky side as this could lead to less adhesion.
- Apply the sticky side on your natural nail. Place the rounded edge close to the cuticle. Do not let the adhesive tape touch the cuticles and side walls as this will show.
- Gently press the tab flat on to the nail plate and remove bubbles by very gently rubbing them. Start at the cuticle area and rub towards the nail edge.
- Peel off the protective backing. Take care not to pull the newly laid adhesive tape off.
- Before you securely apply the artificial nail, make sure that you apply it straight for an even look. Apply your choice of press on nails on top of the sticky tape and firmly press them on allowing it to stick.
How to remove adhesive tape from your fake and natural nails the correct way;
- Press down on artificial nail and slide the fake nail off your natural nail. Begin at the cuticle area and slide your finger to the free edge of your natural nail.
- Roll adhesive off your natural nail. Do this by rubbing your fingers across the nail plate.
- If there is leftover adhesive, soaking in some water is a great way to remove the adhesive strips too.
- If need be, use polish remover to remove any remaining adhesive.
Additional tips to get the most out of the sticky stuff:
- Do not pull your nails off as this could damage your natural nails and could be quite painful.
- Do not keep your hands in water for long periods as this will cause the adhesive to come loose, resulting in your press ons to come off. Wear gloves to keep your skin and nails healthy and looking fabulous.
- If you’re looking for peace of mind regarding damage; apply a base coat before applying the adhesive tabs.
- Remove any excess oil and grease from your nail plate before you apply the adhesive. You can do this by rubbing your nails with some nail polish remover and a lint-free cotton pad. This promotes a longer wear.
- If you don’t have the time to soak off any leftover glue strips; use your cuticle oil to gently wipe the excess glue from the adhesive tape.
- No need to throw out your artificial nails when you’re done. Store them for the next occasion.
Nailene Ultra Adhesive tabs
Why we love this adhesive tape;
- Nailene Ultra Adhesive Tabs allows you to wear artificial nails with ease and in a short amount of time.
- There is no need to make use of nail glue to stick the artificial nail to your natural nail.
- There are no chemicals and you do not need any special remover to remove the nails and adhesive tape from your natural nails.
- Nailene guarantees that you will have a 5 day wear.
- They come in different sizes to fit each of our natural nails.
Elegant Touch Super Adhesive Nail Tabs
What impressed us about Elegant Touch Super Adhesive Tabs?
- These super adhesive tabs are a great way to get your nails looking modish in a short space of time.
- They last up to 7 days and it is so easy to apply.
- They will not damage your natural nail.
- This is a superb alternative to glue that requires chemicals to remove and causing more harm.
We constantly look for products that will get the job done. This doesn’t mean that it is only the well-known brands. On our search for finding convenience at our fingertips we came across one more superb type of adhesive tape for press on nails.
EnForten False Nail Art Patch/ Sticker
Why we adore the underdog of adhesive tabs:
- The package contains 200 tabs in total (10 Sheets x 20 Double Sided Adhesive tabs)
- It is extremely easy to apply.
- It is ideal to be used as a temporary measure. Can also be used for nail art competitions or when you don’t have time to whip out an entire manicure.
- There are various size tabs that are superb for each of your natural nails.
- Cost effective, thus providing excellent value for money.
Check out what others who have used these adhesive tabs have to say;
With the busy lives that we lead, there’s hardly ever enough time to get your nails looking like a million bucks. Press ons saves you tons of time and money. In addition to that, they offer lavish nail art designs without the effort of painting intricate designs. Artificial nails no longer have the same reputation of previous years and therefore effective ways to get them to stick to your nails have emerged.
What do you like about adhesive tape? Not a fan of them, then let us know what you prefer. Let’s get some pics of your press ons with adhesive tape. Leave them in the comments below.